Avoid Plumbing Problems
- Make sure your hoses are disconnected as well as shut off on the inside and opened on the outside.
- Make sure area ways are clear of fallen leaves as well as gutters.
- Make sure humidifier dampers are open (if flows thru type) replace filter and orifice yearly.
- Don’t use your disposal as a trash can. The older pipes can be rough surfaced and easier to clog. DO NOT PUT ANY fibrous foods such as lettuce, celery, string beans or starchy foods such as potato peels or pasta down the drain.
- If you’re having company over switch to a single ply toilet paper. It’s half the paper. The majority of houses have some type of root infiltration which can catch the heavier 2 ply. Don’t flush dental floss down the toilet and never dispose the flushable wipes via the plumbing system.
- If you are experiencing a sluggish toilet, water levels higher than normal in the wash tub or plumbing noises in the lower fixtures the main sewer may be backing up. Call Baltimore County Emergency Water and Sewer at 410-887-7415. If you’re in the city, that # is 410.396.5352 but good luck as they are not very responsive. They service from the yard cleanout to the street free of charge.
- If the main sewer does need to be snaked from inside the house, the cost depends upon whether a cleanout is accessible, or a toilet has to be taken up. Remember, don’t go for the additional cost of sending a camera to video the clog. It’s only a money maker for the plumber and literally like throwing money down the drain. Get a second opinion! Replacing a sewer service is expensive depending on grade, distance and obstacles.
On time and showed up in uniform with a smile on his face. A true pleasure to work with. Highly recommended! 3 months ago
They do both full furnaces and all plumbing. They are really responsive too. They are just really excellent. We shopped around for it and we was right where everyone else was. Very punctual. He is our go to plumber. 5 months ago